Depression Counselling Brisbane
Depression negatively alters the way we think about ourselves and the world:
- I’m a failure.
- It’s my fault.
- Nothing good ever happens to me.
- I’m worthless.
- Life’s not worth living.
- People would be better off without me.
While we all feel sad, moody or low from time to time, some people experience these feelings intensely, for long periods of time (weeks, months or even years) and sometimes without any apparent reason. Depression is more than just a low mood – it’s a serious illness that has an impact on both physical and mental health.
Signs of Depression Include:
- Not going out anymore
- Not getting things done at work/school
- Withdrawing from close family and friends
- Relying on alcohol and sedatives
- Not doing usual enjoyable activities
- Unable to concentrate
Causes of Depression
There are two causes that lead to depression in human beings and they include:
Physical Causes Include:
- Mental illness and treatment
- Inherited traits
- Chemical changes
- Drug or alcohol abuse
Psychological Causes Include:
- Life stress
- Negative experiences and loss
- High anxiety
The above mentioned causes may lead to depression. There are some symptoms of depression which include:
- Feeling sad or depressed
- A loss of interest and pleasure in normal activities
- Loss of appetite or weight
- Inability to get to sleep or waking up early
- Feeling tired all the time
- Having trouble concentrating
- Feeling restless, agitated, worthless or guilty
- Feeling that life isn’t worth living
Types of Depression
There are many types of depressions that are generally faced by the people and they include, Major Depression.
Major Depression is the first type of depression, which has the following symptoms:
- Loss of interest or pleasure in your activities
- Weight loss or gain
- Trouble getting to sleep or feeling sleepy during the day
- Feelings of being “sped up” or “slowed down”
- Being tired and without energy
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of suicide
If you notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, then visit our experienced psychiatrist for depression counseling.
- Psychotic Depression
Psychotic depression is a combination of symptoms of major depression and psychotic symptoms like
- Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t there)
- Delusions (false beliefs)
- Paranoia (wrongly believing that others are trying to harm you)
Our team at psychological solutions are highly capable of curing such depression by providing the perfect depression counseling in Brisbane.
- Postpartum Depression
This is a common depression found in women who experience depression in the weeks and months after childbirth.
How Psychological Solutions help you with Depression Counselling in Brisbane
At Psychological Solutions we have a team of psychologists who are experienced and capable in dealing with those suffering from any type of depression. We strive to overcome depression and lead a normal and happy life. If you are suffering from any type of depressions, then don’t waste a minute and visit our clinic in Brisbane for depression counseling.
Our Team of Psychologists Click here.
Findout the Areas We are serving – Areas Covered
Medicare rebates for mental health services. For further information regarding rebates through Medicare please visit https://www.psychology.org.au/medicare/fact_sheet/
Better Access to Psychiatrists, Psychologists and General Practitioners through the Medicare Benefits Schedule
To make an appointment Child Counselling Brisbane, call us today 0412 753 873 Or Contact us by filling this form.