The Interactive Metronome (IM) is an assessment and training program designed to improve Neurotiming – or the speed at which our brain can send and receive messages. Precise timing is responsible for a stellar athletic performance, or a group of musicians making a perfect melody or it can even be the key to a funny punch line. Timing is responsible for a person being able to walk without falling or speaking without stuttering. Timing is what allows us to focus, process language, keep our balance and have smooth gait, play a sport, and even read. Timing is responsible for the synchronous communication of our brains’ network system that connects cognitive processes and physical movement. Therefore the ability to have accurate Neurotiming is one of the most critical factors in human performance.
According to IM research, improving Neurotiming may result in better function in the following areas:
- Processing Speed
- Working Memory
- Executive Functions
- Expressive & Receptive Language
- Reading Comprehension, Rate & Fluency
- Upper Extremity Function (Parkinson’s, hemiplegia, CP, hand function)
- Motor Coordination
- Athletic Performance (golf, soccer)
Check out this video about IM and the kinds of people it can help!
You can also read about just some of the people IM training has helped here:
- Billy – a 12-year old boy with Autism
- Kevin – a 3-year-old boy with Developmental Delay
- Megan – 17-year-old girl with Visual processing disorder, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and speech/language disorders
For more information, contact us to set up an appointment or explore the IM website for yourself!
To make an appointment Child Counselling Brisbane, call us today 0412 753 873 Or Contact us by filling this form.